The description of this output is MATH Labyrinth course design and its testing. The result of it will be development of a 3 to 5 day training course for all interested parties in using this method. Before the completion of this project this Partnership would announce a structured course for KA1 staff mobility action.
The content of this structured course will involve materials from the other outputs of this proposal, and more specifically the following:
– course learning objectives (it will describe the core knowledge and skills that the teachers would derive from the course, they would get introduced to the MATH-Labyrinth method and the interactive book that can be used in their further practice. Teachers would identify and comprehend the method and define how it can be used in the classroom through the guidelines and videos)
– suggested readings, discussions, assignments and exams as consistent with the course learning objectives (resources that are relevant to the method would be presented within the training programme and they will be available for use in the future; teachers would learn how some of the tools, softwares and applications are used for solving mathematical problems)
– the outputs of the guidelines of the MATH-Labyrinth method will be included in the course development (teachers would be introduced to the importance of making mathematics connected with everyday solutions of problems, they will learn how to teach their students be creative and give directions on how to use the e-learning platform on their own)
– the specific directions on how to use the method with the Guidelines will be part of the training activities, which softwares and ICT tools are most useful for solving certain problems, video presentations and open educational resources that could be used as tools for teaching mathematics in class
– teachers would gain knowledge and practice about using different instruments for measuring the students’ performance in the classroom
– it will include the importance of increased professional development of teachers who will attain the course, their enhanced language competences and better understanding of the cultural diversities
– instruments for evaluation of the participants performance during the training course will be part of this output, as well as methods for testing the effectiveness of the course.
(September 2016 – August 2017)